inspiring new connections
Why join NAWO?
NAWO inspires and supports women and organisations to ‘step up’ to the next level of leadership and gender diversity by championing women in operations and providing specialised support & development for our individual members to amplify their opportunities for career success.
Individual membership with NAWO is $110 (inc. GST) per year. Benefits include:
- discounted tickets to NAWO’s ‘Quick Bites’ Events
- discounted tickets to NAWO’s Professional Development Events
- access to NAWO’s ‘Mentoring Circles’ and ‘Transition to Leadership’ Programs, which are both exclusively for members.
- access to NAWO resources
- opportunity to collaborate and build your network of business contacts
Membership is open to WOMEN working in an operational* role or in an operational* business.
Membership is also open to MEN who are committed to NAWO’s vision and developing the pipeline of women working in operational businesses or functions.
*NAWO supports all professional women whose workplaces have lower rates of female participation, actively encouraging and developing them as they progress through to leadership roles. NAWO membership is open to women from all major operational businesses and sectors (eg. manufacturing, retail supply chain, agriculture, transport and logistics, warehousing, wholesale trade, science and technology, and utilities) and from many different roles (engineering, logistics, procurement, sales, customer service, finance, HR, general management, technical roles).
Our mission is to inspire and support organisations to create inclusive workplaces, to attract and retain the best talent and reach their chosen objectives. Our priorities are:
- Developing the pipeline of female talent in operational environments (increase # of promotions, decreased dropouts, increased # female recruits).
- Equipping women with the tools, resources and networks they need to successfully drive and navigate their own careers.
- Working actively with organisations to achieve step-change progress in their attraction, development and retention of women.
By actively engaging with NAWO, organisations stake their claim as an industry leader in gender diversity. NAWO membership demonstrates to employees that their employer values its talent and is committed to removing real and perceived barriers to female career progression. Externally, it heralds a commitment to leading change with respect to the gender profile of the workplace in Australia.
2017-18 Corporate Membership structure (ex GST):
- Platinum (sponsorship level) $20,000
- Gold (national membership) $9,000
- Silver (single state membership) $5,000
- Bronze (regional membership) $2,000
“The NAWO forums provide our women in leadership roles with a unique forum to encourage and share issues. Definitely a value-add to our business as we seek to increase diversity at all levels.”