TRANSITION TO LEADERSHIP
NAWO PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
“I would absolutely recommend this program… the Strengths Finder solidifies your thinking about your strengths and supports the intent to leverage it as much as you can. It helps with self-doubt, with wondering if you’re good enough. It reinforces the positives.”
inspiring leadership development
“I have become more aware of personal branding, networking and linking in with people. Until recently I used to think that I’d just do the job well and get noticed. Now I realise that I need to be more proactive in self-promotion and developing my career.”- 2015 graduate
“The NAWO Program is good for building confidence… You can learn from others and pick up tactics, as well as understanding your strengths and how to utilise those.” – 2015 graduate
“The NAWO program has helped me with building a great network.” – 2015 graduate
“After the first workshop I decided that I was going to be less timid, more forthright,do regular 30-day challenges and get involved with the women’s opportunity network in our company. I’m doing all of those things!” – 2015 graduate
Focus. Perspective. Integration.
NAWO’s Transition to Leadership Program, available exclusively to members*, is built on solid research and designed specifically to develop the core competencies required of women working in the operational sector.
It provides focus – we understand the opportunities and challenges women face in operational businesses and provide practical tools to fast track your leadership journey.
It provides perspective – NAWO is a cross-industry association and brings together talented women from all sectors to provide a safe and confidential space in which to learn, share and network.
It provides integration – we support you and your sponsor to apply your learning in your workplace.
Transition to leadership has been constructed around NAWO’s five key learning pillars, which our research has identified as the areas where operational women benefit most from additional learning:
Personal confidence & courage
Corporate & commercial literacy
Negotiation & influencing
The 2016 Transition to Leadership Program will be led by Executive Central director Reyna Matthes, a senior facilitator with vast experience in working with women on their leadership journey. Joining Reyna will be subject matter experts in business acumen, group dynamics and conflict resolution.
The program includes
- Strengths Finder Inventory and individual report
- LSI – diagnostic leadership inventory
- Initial phone meeting with Line Manager/Coach and Participant to set the direction of the program and establish desired outcomes
- Four full day workshops per cohort
- A one hour individual coaching session after the first or second workshop to review and action personal goals for the program
- Guest speakers from participating organisations
- Formal and informal peer learning
- Workbooks, multi-media presentation, all relevant handouts, pre-reading and articles
Experiential. Transformative. Motivational… Transition to Leadership is inspiration at work!
- Take ownership of your own development and work with your own strengths.
- Hit the road running – take away actionable tools and strategies.
- Build your confidence in engaging, negotiating and influencing people.
- Develop your commercial acumen.
- Establish networks with female leaders and role models who are shaping the future in terms of gender diversity.
- Engage in peer learning ‘buddy system’.
$4500 per person + GST
Download Brochure – NAWO Transition to Leadership 2016
*For more information about NAWO membership click here.