New Ways of Working – Dialling up the D Word!June 7, 2019
Daring to Lead – Stories of Courageous WomenAugust 7, 2019
A fantastic morning was held at Bunnings where the guests were invited to a light breakfast to network before starting our Quick Bite session on Negotiating and Influencing. Our Bunnings guest speakers were Nicole Marshall, Complex Manager; Matthew Tyler, State Operations Manager; Georgina De Angelis and Property Divestments Manager. Our panellists, who had very distinct backgrounds and levels of experience, where able to share their thoughts on Influencing to Drive Performance within Bunnings.
The objectives for the event included:
- How to influence the external market to drive industry change
- Using negotiating and influencing to upskill your team and enhance their performance
- Taking the leap and influencing career outcomes with confidence
Some of the key learnings were:
- When negotiating look for a win/win – this creates positive relationships for the long term
- Come prepared – know what it is you are wanting to achieve and consider possible objections
- The importance of using a board of directors to support and influence outcomes
- Getting other’s onboard is not about positional power or over confidence – it’s about knowing your facts and what’s in it for them
Many thanks to Bunnings for hosting and the all the NAWO volunteers who helped create this terrific event.