CELEBRATE YOUR NAWO MEMBERSHIP ON INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
Ideas, tips and tools for celebrating International Women’s Day
What is International Women’s Day (IWD)?
An equalled world is an enabled world #EachforEqual #IWD2020
IWD is held each year on the 8th of March. It’s a day to celebrate gender diversity and identifying the actions every person can take to help drive better outcomes for women.
Through meaningful celebration and targeted action, we can all be responsive and responsible leaders in creating a more gender inclusive world. At the current rate of progress, the global gender gap will take 108 years to close and economic gender parity will take 202 years to achieve. That is the conclusion of the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Gender Gap Report 2018, published in December.
This is too long to wait. So around the world, IWD provides an important opportunity for ground breaking action that will truly drive greater change for women.
IWD is an important opportunity to:
celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women because visibility and awareness help drive positive change for women
declare actions you’ll take as an individual or organisation to help progress the gender agenda because purposeful action can accelerate gender parity across the world
If your organisation is a NAWO Corporate Member, feel proud! Action has already been taken towards driving better outcomes for women.
March 8, International Women’s Day, is a day for you to celebrate your NAWO membership and all that membership has to offer… and maybe come up with a few new ideas!
Celebrate your nawo membership on iwd
Celebrating your NAWO membership on IWD can take many forms – it can be as fabulously huge or elegantly understated as you choose.
However, your event should:
3 WAYS TO CELEBRATE International Women’s day IN 2020
Nothing brings people together and sparks conversation quite like food and a cup of tea or coffee! Organise catering – branded cupcakes have been a real winner at NAWO launch events around Australia!
Use the event to share a special NAWO IWD announcement – using the NAWO templates provided under ‘Resources’ on this page will make it even easier!
Prepare an approved and authorised #EachForEqual statement of support from your leaders (corporate chairperson, CEOs, functional leaders, frontline leaders) – for possible promotion and amplification via your organsiation and NAWO’s social media channels.
Send out a prerecorded CEO message to the organisation, reinforcing your organisational values, commitment to gender diversity and NAWO membership, and highlight progress.
Make sure you include people on parental leave on the distribution list to receive messages.
8 Great resources to help celebrate nawo membership on IWD
Our fabulous resources will add instant impact to your IWD celebrations!
- NAWO IWD Certificates — Recognise those people who are leading bold changes for greater gender diversity every day.
- Key Messages — We have developed some key messages to help you promote your event.
- Social media graphics — We have developed some images to share on your website or on social media to promote your support for NAWO and IWD.
- NAWO Chatterbox and editable chatterbox (You’ll need help from your graphic designer or an editable PDF program like Adobe to tailor this for your organisation)
- Celebrating Women in your Operation – Interview Questions
- #EachForEqual – more info and ideas
- National Livestream replay: ‘More Women in Operations – What’s in it for Men?’ Check it out here
- Download this NAWO Printable and use on your workplace intranet sites.