Transformative mentoring for women in operations
Harness potential. Switch on outcomes.
The NAWO Mentoring Program enables members to access experienced leaders across multiple industries and member companies. Senior volunteer mentors commit to supporting mentees in achieving their objectives, overcoming challenges and maximising their capability to further their career in operations.
NAWO Mentoring offers two unique development and leadership growth opportunities for mentees – Mentoring Circles and 1:1 Mentoring.
MENTORING CIRCLES AND 1:1 MENTORING – THE DIFFERENCE
The Mentoring Circles are operationally focussed. If you are a woman working in an operational business and aspiring to an executive position within the next 2-5 years then a circle is for you. The circles work best when those within them have similar ambition, interest and passion for leading within operations. Mentors for circles are senior leaders from the NAWO network with demonstrated operations experience.
NAWO 1:1* Mentoring is available to anyone, regardless of experience or seniority. Mentors for 1:1 partnerships will be matched to mentees on the basis of best meeting the mentee’s specific objectives.
* Please note: Whilst the Mentoring Circles are specifically for mentees who identify as female, NAWO will facilitate 1:1 mentoring across all gender identities for mentees who are looking to achieve specific objectives related to diversity and inclusion outcomes.
The program runs from February to October 2021 and registrations open on November 2, 2020
For more information or to discuss with our program manger please email Leanne Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN FROM INSPIRING LEADERS. DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS. BUILD YOUR NETWORKS
NAWO’S Mentoring Program is a growth investment in your future. Working with an inspirational mentor – a leader with a solid track record in operations – you will connect, collaborate, commit and collectively learn and share skills to transform and drive your career forward.
The program is linked to our NAWO Learning Priorities and we invest considerable time and capability in the matching process to best meet the objectives of mentees with the strengths of each volunteer mentor.
The program takes you through a series of structured and targeted development sessions so you can take shared knowledge and insights directly back to your workplace for immediate impact.
Mentee Eligibility Checklist
- Aspires to grow into senior roles in operations
- Committed to playing an active role in their own development and career progression
- A NAWO Member (Individual or Corporate)
- Has the capacity and availability to work with a Mentor for the full program
- Has the support of their organisation to participate (time and/or cost)
“ NAWO’s Mentoring program helped to shape me into the leader that I am today.”
– MELITA BEVAN, ASSET CONTROL TEAM LEADER (NSW, QLD & WA), CHEP AUSTRALIA, AND NSW STATE COMMITTEE MEMBER
UNLOCK POTENTIAL. SHARE YOUR SKILLSET. INSPIRE WITH EXPERIENCE
NAWO Mentoring offers a unique development and leadership growth opportunity for volunteer mentors. We are currently accepting registrations from leaders (of any gender identity) willing to commit to this program as volunteers. If you meet the eligibility criteria and can confidently commit to the process commencing in February 2021, we strongly encourage you to register for this program. The more mentors who volunteer, the more mentees we can have participate in the program.
Mentor Eligibility Checklist
- Consistently role models inclusive leadership
- Has benefited from mentoring during their own career
- Is a NAWO Member or Affiliate
- Active advocate for gender balance in operations
- Has the capacity and commitment to support mentees for the full program
- Natural ability to build rapport online and listen and respond with empathy
- Willingness to share from own experience where relevant
- Energy and enthusiasm to help mentees identify useful resources/tools/actions to achieve their objectives
- Proven track record in operations leadership with experience in areas such as supply chain, procurement, technology, engineering, automation, and manufacturing.
INDIVIDUAL (1:1) MENTORS
- Management or senior team leadership experience in varied roles and industries.
“ Being a NAWO Mentor reinforces the benefit of diverse perspectives and the learnings we each take from different experiences in operations throughout our careers.”
– LOUISE WARNER, CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER, AMPOL, MENTOR
TOP 5 BENEFITS OF NAWO MENTORING – FOR MENTEES
- Learn invaluable skills and knowledge that will transform your personal and professional growth.
- Gain access to exceptional mentors who understand and are experienced operational leaders.
- Expand your network, exposure and visibility.
- Enjoy greater chances of promotion and higher salary.
- Gain insights into different industries, roles and responsibilities.
TOP 5 BENEFITS OF NAWO MENTORING – FOR MENTORS
- Enjoy the transformative experience of making a real difference to someone’s career.
- Build your personal brand, professional profile and reputational capital.
- Improve your likelihood of promotion.
- Actively contribute to greater operational gender diversity.
- Gain practical insights and invaluable knowledge that you can apply directly in your own workplace.
“I think it is important that all people have a good mentor, not just specifically operational women. No one person has all the answers, nor the ability to come up with the answers in isolation all the time. A career is a marathon and like all athletes one needs a support crew.”
– KARTINI OEI, TRANSFORMATION MANAGER – ANZ, BP AUSTRALIA